Getting pregnant doesn't have to break your budget! If you have $10 per week, here's how you can use it to increase your odds of a healthy pregnancy within three months.
Here are 8 fertility tools that cost less than $10 a week over the course of three months:
1. Basal Body Temperature Thermometer: The first step to accurately tracking your fertility cycle is to record your waking body temperature under your tongue at the same time every morning before getting out of bed. This special type of thermometer records temperature to the 10th of a degree, which is extremely important when trying to conceive.
2. High-Quality Prenatal Vitamins: Prenatal vitamins are important because so much happens magic occurs inside an embryo before a positive pregnancy test (typically around 4-5 weeks pregnant). Within the first 3 weeks of pregnancy, the embryo is busy building a spinal cord, brain, eyes, heart, digestive tract, liver and face! Your little baby will draw upon mama's stores of vitamins and minerals, but needs more! When selecting a prenatal vitamin, talk to a health care professional (doctor or acupuncturist) to make sure you're buying the best available for your specific needs. My favorite professional-quality brands are Thorne and Innate Response. Contact Michelle to order online.
3. Fertility-Friendly Lubricant: If you use a lubricant, make sure it's fertility-friendly and sperm-safe. I usually recommend BabyDance because it's available at most major retailers including Amazon.
4. Fertile Living Library: Follow this link to access free fertility resources from fertility acupuncturist Heidi Brockmyre:
6. BBT Chart: A Google search will reveal lots of free printable BBT Chart templates or there are several fertility apps that can capture temps to produce a chart. Choose what works for you! Here's a printable PDF from BabyCenter to get you started.
7. Warm Socks: Simply put, Warm Feet = Warm Uterus. Wear socks in every season!
8. Reference Books: Learn all about fertility with these two tomes of knowledge:
At only $10 a week, these tools can help you achieve a healthy pregnancy! Sending you lots of baby dust!
Dr. Michelle Wendt, L.Ac., DACM
Dr. Michelle Wendt, L.Ac., DACM practices Holistic & Chinese Medicine in Hawaii and Texas.